Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Man Seeks "The Raven"

Originally appearing in the Beaver County Gazette Nov. 2, 1940

Dear Beaver County Gazette,

Due to a misunderstanding between me and my neighbor, the police searched my home, taking with them many of my dear possessions. My dearest possession was also taken, an original copy of Edgar Allen Poe’s The Raven signed by the author himself… in his own blood!

I can only hope that this book remains safe as it is absolutely priceless and one of a kind! I have been busily petitioning the city to return my possessions to me, but have met with little success. All the city would have to do is ask the Beaver County Courthouse to release the book from their evidence room. That's all. It is simply sitting in there, unguarded, for anyone to take.

Part of my has to wonder if there is anyone out there who has the ability to procure this book--aside from the best librarian in the world, Dodge Intrepid, of course.

Nevermore,
-G.M.C. Jimmy